Sunday, October 6, 2013

NUTTY GRANOLA

The colourful leaves falling from the trees are dancing in the wind, goodbying the Summer.
Crisp mornings, cooler evening all signal that AUTUMN is here. Time to relax....wind down....reflex.
Welcome back warm slippers, knitted jumpers and cosy blankets ;)
I like Autumn, it balances my life somehow; after active summer I can loosen my busy schedule a  little bit and I have a pretty good excuse - it's ''me'' time.
I sink into the armchair wrapped up in my favourite blanket, sipping warm green and lemon tea with my best autumn friends - books.And I want time to stop in that moment.....it's perfect....






AUTUMN changes the ingredients on my plate too. Hello heart - warming, comforting food.
Hello honey, cinnamon and nuts ;)


Nuts about NUTS?

HOME MADE GRANOLA









RECIPE:

150g jumbo oats
100g pumpkin seeds
150g nuts
1 egg white
1 tsp cinnamon
100 ml good quality honey(alternatively agave nectar or maple syrup)

METHOD:

1.Preheat oven to 190 C/ 170C fan/Gas 5

2.Mix honey with cinnamon and stir in the oats, seeds and nuts until mixture is evenly coated.Whisk egg white in a small bowl until frothy and pour over granola and stir until all ingredients are well combined.

3. Spread out evenly on a baking tray(lined with baking paper) and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring with a wooden spoon occasionally.

4. Cool, break it in clumps and store in a jar at room temperature.

Mind that this granola doesn't contain any oil so it may get a bit ''stiff'' when stored in a jar, just stir with a spoon before serving.

4 comments:

  1. Piękne zdjęcia granoli, aż mam ochotę na miseczkę z mlekiem :) Pozdrawiam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fantastic photography! I saw your photo on tastespotting and clicked through. Outstanding work.

    ReplyDelete