Monday, July 28, 2014

PEA SOUP

Ohhhh, it has been hot recently.(Thank you English heatwave!) I'm not moaning, in fact, I'm absolutely loving it!I just struggle to stand by the oven for longer than 10 minutes!So no baking for a bit(sorry husband :)) I much rather spent time in my garden, look after my veg patch, which in result earned me a nice tan :) :) :) yupppie!

Using the last pea pods from my garden I made this lovely soup, which has got lots of benefits - it's super green, it's super healthy, it's super quick and it's super tasty!







RECIPE:

serves: 2

INGREDIENTS:

250g shelled peas
1 garlic clove(small), crushed
350g vegetable broth(would be perfect) or water
2 tbsp (heaped) natural yoghurt
pumpkin seeds and thyme to serve with
salt, pepper

METHOD:

1.Place the vegetable broth or water in a medium pan and add peas, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to boil and simmer for around 5 minutes.Remove from the heat and place in a blander(or use an immersion blender) and puree until smooth.

2.Serve warm(in this weather - no way!) or room temperature(oh yes - much better) with natural yoghurt, thyme and some pumpkin seeds.

Note:

Raw garlic gives it a strong taste, if you not a big fan of garlic just leave it out or to make it less strong, stir fry it in a pan for a couple of minutes.



2 comments:

  1. Wyobraź sobie,że robię identycznie tzn, siedzę w przydomowym ogródku i grzebię w ziemi:-) opalając się przy tym. W tym roku faktycznie angielska pogoda rozpieszcza nas oby jak najdłużej:-). Zupka piękna i pyszna, uwielbiamy groszek:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja też mam taką nadzieję :)Ach no i widziałam ''kawałek'' twojego ogrodu. Takiego zbioru gruszek i pomidorów szczerze zazdroszczę :)

    ReplyDelete