Saturday, March 29, 2014

Beef and bean stew

For the last couple of weeks I've been celebrating spring :) Hurray!Days are much longer now and the sun is showing more often.Hurray! First plants for my garden already bought, they are just waiting for me to find some spare time to be planted. The evenings are still quite chilly though, so I haven't got rid of my cosy jumpers yet and  I still like to warm myself up with some hearty meals like this delicious stew.If you like beans you will fall in love with it, just like I have :) BTW!IT'S FRIDAY :D






RECIPE:

Serves: 6

INGREDIENTS:

2 tbsp rapeseed oil/or any other oil
4 shallots, sliced
3 garlic cloves,sliced
200g potatoes, peeled and chopped
50g tomato puree
2x400g tins of chopped tomatoes
200g mixed beans (I soak mine and cook the day before - you might as well use tinned)
400g beef, diced
250ml water
2 bay leaves
small bunch of thyme(I used dry bunch of thyme)
salt and pepper

METHOD:

1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the onions,garlic and beef, stirring for around 10-15 minutes until onions are soft and meet is cooked.

2. Add the potatoes, tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, water and herbs:bay leaves and bunch of thyme tied with a string.Season with salt and pepper.Simmer for around 30 minutes.Add beans and simmer for next 5-7 minutes.

3. Divide the stew among bowls, top with parsley leaves, then serve.

2 comments:

  1. Wygląda przepysznie :) Nie mogę tu zaglądać bo tylkomi ślinka leci >P

    ReplyDelete